If you’re looking to sell your gas, oil or mineral rights, you may be whirling with questions on where to begin, how to find a buyer or how to set a fair price for your property rights. You deserve a comprehensive and fair evaluation of your mineral rights considering its location and the current market. An experienced mineral broker at The Mineral Auction will conduct a free consultation on your property and guide you through the legal procedures to get as much money as possible for your mineral rights.
Since 2008, the oil, gas and mineral rights brokers at The Mineral Auction have represented thousands of people all over the state of Texas and nationwide. Over the last nine years, we have earned a national reputation for our significant mineral rights awards and our expertise in the most complex and technical areas of mineral auctioning. While many of our clients have property in West and South Texas particularly in the Eagle Ford Shale and Permian Basin, we also specialize in other locations in Texas including the Mississippi Lime Shale, Haynesville Shale, Utica Shale, Marcellus Shale, Granite Walsh Shale, Brown Dense Shale, as well as in Oklahoma, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio.
For more than nine years, The Mineral Auction has been a fixture in the nationwide mineral auction community. The people we represent aren’t just our clients – we view them as our friends and neighbors. We will work diligently to ensure properties are thoughtfully and adequately presented to buyers. If you’re looking to sell your mineral rights to a reputable buyer, contact The Mineral Auction, as we can provide you with useful assistance on the legal procedures required to sell your rights. Contact us by chatting live with one of our representatives by clicking the grey banner to the left of your screen, fill out our email form or call our offices at (512) 698-2802. We offer a free online evaluation and our fees are tied to the price you receive for your mineral rights, so we’re determined to put forth our best efforts to ensure you get as much money as possible.
Do I need a mineral rights broker?
The sale of mineral, oil and gas rights can feel like an enormous undertaking for a property rights’ owner. You may have questions such as, how can I be sure I’m receiving as much money as my property rights are worth? How do I prepare to sell and what documentation is required? Do I need a broker?
We recommend that anyone looking to sell their mineral rights seek the assistance of a mineral rights broker. To penetrate the industry, an established network of buyers is essential. Without a commissioned broker, serious and committed buyers may not have the necessary or thoroughly documented information required to purchase your rights. On the other hand, a greedy broker may not be considering your best interest when facilitating the sale of your property rights. An established broker in the industry will work to reduce your financial risk and explain the benefits of selling your property rights. When you seek the assistance of a mineral rights broker, your rights are put up for auction for thousands of purchasers to view. This system then creates a competition amongst buyers, causing the price of your property rights to increase and ultimately generates more money for you.
Selling mineral rights can be a tedious and overwhelming process. Let us handle the research, paperwork, and ensure the correct legal procedures are being implemented so that you can have some peace of mind that the sale of your property rights’ is being taken care. We offer a free evaluation and set our fees based on the price you receive for your rights.
Why choose The Mineral Auction to handle the sale of my rights?
How do you know who you can trust to receive a fair amount of money for your property rights? How do you know which broker is right for your property? The fact remains that not all mineral rights brokers are equally qualified to sell property rights. Choosing the right broker may determine the price you receive for your oil, gas or mineral rights. These are some of the factors that set The Mineral Auction apart:
- Networking experience – The Mineral Auction was founded in Austin in 2008 and has successfully acquired a network of 11,000 buyers. Few auctions in the area can claim that kind of growth, experience, and dedication to trusted relationship- building in the industry.
- Sincere approach – It’s vital that our clients not only receive fair prices for their property rights but also that they get the assistance and thoughtful consideration of their property rights that they deserve. Our entire team of commissioned brokers works hard to ensure our clients are never pressured to sell and feel comfortable with the amount of information and communication they’re receiving during the selling process.
- Successful methodology – The owner and founder of The Mineral Auction, Blake Bergstrom, has effectively compiled the most extensive list of mineral and royalty purchasers in the industry. When you’re looking to sell your mineral rights, it’s clear that listing with a commissioned broker with an extensive list of purchasers is the best decision to make. Additionally, The Mineral Auction will provide you with a reasonable estimate of the price of your property based not only on its location but also on the status of the market at the time of your inquiry.
Contact us by chatting live with one of our representatives by clicking the grey banner to the left of your screen, fill out our email form or call our offices at (512) 698-2802. We offer a free online evaluation, and our fees are tied to the price you receive for your mineral rights, so we’re determined to put forth our best efforts to ensure you get as much money as possible.
Reasons for selling
Selling your mineral rights, gas rights, and oil rights can offer you and your family a chance at financial independence and stability that few other assets can generate. In our years of experience, we have encountered many different reasons for people to take the leap and put their rights and royalties up for sale, including the following:
- Liquidity – Unexpected financial need can arise at any moment, and waiting for drilling to take place on your line is not a reliable or readily available form of income. However, by selling your mineral rights, you can secure the money you need, when you need it.
- Delays in Development – It is hard to know precisely when development will get started on your land, and some companies with an oil or gas lease can wait as long as ten years, leaving you waiting an indefinite amount of time to get paid for your interests. By selling your rights and royalties, however, you can get the money you need much faster.
- Marginal or Non-Economic Wells – If you wait until your land is developed to cash in on your assets, you always run the risk of having a dry well, resulting in little to no money. However, by selling even just a portion of your mineral, oil, or gas rights, you can ensure that you will be paid for your assets.
- Capitalizing on the “Boom” Today – Oil and gas booms have come and gone across the country, and what is hot today might not be worth anything tomorrow. By capitalizing on your assets today, you can ensure that you can take advantage now, regardless of what the future holds.
- Favorable Tax Savings – People who lease their mineral interests are often hit with significant tax increases, as these leases are treated as regular income. However, in some instances, selling your oil, gas, and mineral rights can qualify as a long-term capital gain tax. As such, it is advised to sell your mineral rights before tax rates go up, or as soon as they go down.
- Reducing Financial Risk – Because there can be so much risk associated with leasing mineral interests, or waiting for development to get started, many people find that selling their mineral rights can provide them with financial stability and peace of mind.
- Simplification – Selling your mineral rights at once, rather than waiting for an unknown development date, can be the easiest way to manage your assets and your finances.
- Estate Planning – By selling your mineral rights or your oil and gas royalties, you can ensure that you have the money to provide for your family when you are no longer around to support them.
- Diversification – The oil and gas market is continuously changing, so for many people, they find that it is in their best interests to sell their mineral rights to eliminate uncertainty.
- Investing in Non-Depleting Assets – Demand for oil is extremely high right now, as resources seem to be becoming increasingly scarce. With many talking about a need to move away from non-renewable energy sources, now could be the perfect time to sell your gas, oil, and mineral rights and get the most out of these interests.
To learn more about oil, gas and mineral rights read through our articles and blog posts for more information.
Mineral rights statistics
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, Texas produced more crude-oil than any other state in the year 2015. Texas produced more natural gas than any other state, contributing 27% of U.S. marketed natural gas production in the country. The Railroad Commission of Texas reported that as of 2016, there were 101,339 producing gas wells in Texas producing 5,665,460,100 million cubic feet per year. In another report from the Railroad Commission of Texas, it was reported that there were 178,927 producing crude oil wells in Texas in 2016. On average, each well produced 14.88 barrels per well. The RRC reported stated that in July 2017 alone, there were 91,394,471 barrels produced of crude oil, condensate, total oil and of gas well gas, casing head gas and total natural gas.
The U.S Geological Survey released a publication in 2013 stating the value of nonfuel mineral production in Texas was $3.74 billion, which is 5% of the total nonfuel mineral production in the U.S. The state of Texas is ranked fourth in the Nation for nonfuel mineral production. Texas was listed as the leading producer of common clay, crushed stone, dimension stone, gypsum, and Portland cement in the nation. Texas also “ranked third in the production of bentonite, industrial sand and gravel and masonry cement.”
The commissioned brokers of The Mineral Auction are especially familiar with the known producing locations around Texas. We know the people of this region are looking to get a fair and reasonable price for their oil, gas and mineral property rights. No matter the size or worth of your property rights, we understand how stressful and overwhelming the process can seem. That is why for more than nine years, our commissioned brokers have worked non-stop to make sure our clients receive up to date research, thorough information and the sincere treatment they deserve. Whatever your specific reasons happen to be for wanting to sell your mineral rights or oil and gas royalties, we can help you get the best price with minimal effort on your part. We are well connected and respected in the industry and have established trusted relationships with the most extensive list of purchasers than any other auction house in the industry. Contact The Mineral Auction today at to get access to our impressive network of over 11,000 interested and reputable buyers.
If you’re looking to sell your mineral rights to a reputable buyer, contact The Mineral Auction, as we can provide you with useful assistance on the legal procedures required to sell your rights. Contact us by chatting live with one of our representatives by clicking the grey banner to the left of your screen, fill out our email form or call our offices at The Mineral Auction. We offer a free online evaluation, and our fees are tied to the price you receive for your mineral rights, so we’re determined to put forth our best efforts to ensure you get as much money as possible.