Selling your mineral rights, gas rights, and oil rights can offer you and your family a chance at financial independence and stability that few other assets can generate. In our years of experience, we have encountered many different reasons for people to take the leap and put their rights and royalties up for sale, including the following:
- Liquidity – Unexpected financial need can arise at any moment, and waiting for drilling to take place on your line is not a reliable or readily available form of income. However, by selling your mineral rights, you can secure the money you need, when you need it.
- Delays in Development – It is hard to know exactly when development will get started on your land, and some companies with an oil or gas lease can wait as long as 10 years, leaving you waiting an indefinite amount of time to get paid for your interests. By selling your rights and royalties, however, you can get the money you need much faster.
- Marginal or Non-Economic Wells – If you wait until your land is developed to cash in on your assets, you always run the risk of having a dry well, resulting in little to no money. However, by selling even just a portion of your mineral, oil, or gas rights, you can ensure that you will be paid for your assets.
- Capitalizing on the “Boom” Today – Oil and gas booms have come and gone across the country, and what is hot today might not be worth anything tomorrow. By capitalizing on your assets today, you can ensure that you are able to take advantage now, regardless of what the future holds.
- Favorable Tax Savings – People who lease their mineral interests are often hit with significant tax increases, as these leases are treated as regular income. However, in some instances, selling your oil, gas, and mineral rights can qualify as a long-term capital gain tax. As such, it is advised to sell your mineral rights before tax rates go up, or as soon as they go down.
- Reducing Financial Risk – Because there can be so much risk associated with leasing mineral interests, or waiting for development to get started, many people find that selling their mineral rights can provide them with financial stability and peace of mind.
- Simplification – Selling your mineral rights at once, rather than waiting for an unknown development date, can be the easiest way to manage your assets and your finances.
- Estate Planning – By selling your mineral rights or your oil and gas royalties, you can ensure that you have the money to provide for your family when you are no longer around to support them.
- Diversification – The oil and gas market is constantly changing, so for many people, they find that it is in their best interests to sell their mineral rights to eliminate uncertainty.
- Investing in Non-Depleting Assets – Demand for oil is extremely high right now, as resources seem to be becoming increasingly scare. With many talking about a need to move away from non-renewable energy sources, now could be the perfect time to sell your gas, oil, and mineral rights and get the most out of these interests.
Whatever your specific reasons happen to be for wanting to sell your mineral rights or oil and gas royalties, we can help you get the best price with minimal effort on your part. Contact The Mineral Auction today at (512) 698-2802 to get access to our impressive network of over 11,000 interested and reputable buyers.